Family Sponsorship

The goal of a family class immigration is "to see that families are Reunited in Canada"(IRPA, s3(1)(d). Canadian citizens or permanent residents may sponsor their spouse, common law partner, dependent child(ren), parents and grandparents or other family members to live permanently in Canada.

Who may be sponsored:

Spousal sponsorship/ Dependent Children:Canadian citizen or permanent residents can sponsor their marriage spouse, common law partner and conjugal partner and dependent children.

Who can sponsor:

  • Canadian citizen or permanent resident of Canada over the age of 18 years.
  • Sponsor must be able to provide basic needs to the family members he/she is sponsoring.
  • Sponsor should not be on social assistance.
  • Permanent resident or naturalized Canadian citizen who was previously sponsored as a spouse or common law partner may not sponsor a new spouse for a period of 5 years after becoming the permanent resident.

Who can be sponsored: 

  • Legally married spouse, common law partner, conjugal partner and they must be of at least 18 years age.
  • children are considered dependents if they are under 22 years of age and they are not married.

Professional fee: $2,500 and up.

Parents and Grandparents sponsorship:

Canadian citizens and permanent residents can sponsor their parents and grandparents. over the span of last few years, the process to sponsor parents and grandparents changes each year. According to the current rules (2020) and interest to sponsor form is submitted and then, IRCC selects random interest forms and send invitation to submit a completed application to the selected individuals.

(Applicants who are not eligible for parents and grandparent’s sponsorship, may be eligible for Supervisa for parents and grandparents)

Who can sponsor:

  • Canadian citizen or permanent resident of Canada over the age of 18 years.
  • Sponsor must meet the income requirements. Sponsor's spouse can also co-sign the parents and grandparent’s application in order to meet the income requirement.
  • Who can be sponsored: 

    • You can sponsor your own parents and grandparents, related by blood or adoption.
    • In the case of a divorce or separation, sponsor can submit application for their parents' and grandparent' spouses.

    Professional fee: $1,500 for single applicant and $500 for each additional family member.

Get A Consultation

Get your case review within 24 hours. All Fields Required.