Post Graduate Work Permit

Under section 30(1.2) of the IRPA, temporary residents may also be granted permission to work in Canada. International students upon successful
completion of their studies may stay in Canada on post graduate work permit. Typically, a postgraduate work permit is valid up to three years upon graduation. It is an open work permit which means you can work for any employer anywhere in Canada.


  • Applicant must hold valid temporary status in Canada or have left Canada.
  • Successful completion of an academic, locational, or professional training program in Canada which is at least eight months in duration and leads to degree diploma or certificate.
  • During status as an international student applicant must have maintained full-time student status in Canada during each academic session. Exceptions can be made only to the final academic semester.
  • A transcript or an official letter from the eligible DLI confirming completion of the program of study is mandatory.

Canada wants international students and graduates to plan a long-term career in the country. Postgraduate work permit allows students to gain valuable Canadian work experience. This experience may lead their way into receiving permanent residence.

Eligible colleges and universities.

We strongly recommend our clients to investigate eligible universities and colleges that are designated to receive post graduate work permit. Not all educational institutions are eligible for postgraduate work permit. You must refer to IRCC website to check the eligibility of your college. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Bright Edge Immigration.

Professional fee: $250 and up (plus taxes)

Get A Consultation

Get your case review within 24 hours. All Fields Required.