Permanent Residency

Have you always dreamed of making Canada your permanent home? We can help you achieve your dream. A permanent resident is a status given to someone who is not a Canadian citizen but can stay and work in Canada permanently. Permanent residents have the choice to stay anywhere in Canada and enjoy great perks such as free healthcare, low-cost education, preference in any job and much more. At Bright Edge Immigration, we are committed to provide you with the best immigration services. We help clients around the globe with all kinds of immigration matters.

Study Permit

Canada is now world’s 3rd most favorable place for international students. Canada welcomes close to 500,000 International students each year.

Canada offers incredible benefits to International students such as:

  • Students can obtain high quality education.
  • They can also get to Canadian work experience after graduation, and the ability to get permanent residency under several programs such as Canadian experience class (CEC).
  • International students can also accompany their spouse and dependent children.
  • Their spouses can get open work permit.
  • Students are allowed to work up to 20 hours per week during their study and full-time work during their school breaks such as summer break.
  • They are eligible for postgraduate work permit up to 3 years.

Work Permit

Canadian Labor market face labor shortage quite a few times. To fulfil the shortage temporary foreign worker program is a great solution. Not only the temporary foreign worker program but also post graduate work permit provides skilled and qualified labor to Canada. There are two types of work permit number one open work permit number to employer specific work permits.


The goal of a family class immigration is "to see that families are Reunited in Canada"(IRPA, s3(1)(d). Canadian citizens or permanent residents may sponsor their spouse, common law partner, dependent child(ren), parents and grandparents or other family members to live
permanently in Canada.

Spousal sponsorship/ Dependent Children:

Canadian citizen or permanent residents can sponsor their marriage spouse, common law partner and conjugal partner and dependent children.

Who can sponsor:

  • Canadian citizen or permanent resident of Canada over the age of 18 years.
  • Sponsor must be able to provide basic needs to the family members he/she is sponsoring.
  • Sponsor should not be on social assistance.
  • Permanent resident or naturalized Canadian citizen who was previously sponsored as a spouse or common law partner may not sponsor a new spouse for a period of 5 years after becoming the permanent resident.

Who can be sponsored: 

  • Legally married spouse, common law partner, conjugal partner and they must be of at least 18 years age.
  • children are considered dependents if they are under 22 years of age and they are not married.

Professional fee: $2,500 and up.

Parents and Grandparents sponsorship:

Canadian citizens and permanent residents can sponsor their parents and grandparents. over the span of last few years, the process to sponsor parents and grandparents changes each year. According to the current rules (2020) and interest to sponsor form is submitted and then, IRCC selects random interest forms and send invitation to submit a completed application to the selected individuals.

(Applicants who are not eligible for parents and grandparent’s sponsorship, may be eligible for Supervisa for parents and grandparents)

Who can sponsor:

  • Canadian citizen or permanent resident of Canada over the age of 18 years.
  • Sponsor must meet the income requirements. Sponsor's spouse can also co-sign the parents and grandparent’s application in order to meet the income requirement.
  • Who can be sponsored: 

    • You can sponsor your own parents and grandparents, related by blood or adoption.
    • In the case of a divorce or separation, sponsor can submit application for their parents' and grandparent' spouses.

    Professional fee: $1,500 for single applicant and $500 for each additional family member.

Visitor Visa/Super Visa

Visitor Visa:

Each year Canada welcomes Many visitors from a cross the globe who come to meet their loved ones or experience the beautiful and scape of Canada. Canada’s culture is full of diversity, inclusivity, love and respect. If you would like to visit Canada temporarily visitor visa is your answer.

Basic requirements for a Canadian visitor visa include but are not limited to:

  • You must have a valid travel document example passport
  • Have no criminal or immigration related convictions
  • Prove that you leave Canada at the end of your visit
  • Have enough financial support for your stay
  • Prove Strong ties to your home country

How long can I stay?

Most visitors are allowed to stay up to six months from the date of entry in Canada. But this is up to the discretion of the officer at the airport or the border. If the officer authorizes a stay of less than six months the date will be indicated on your passport by which you must leave Canada.

Would you like to come and visit your loved ones or see the beauty of Canada? Then think no further, Contact us at Bright Edge Immigration to process a visitor visa application for you!

Professional fee for visitor visa:

  • If you are sponsoring your Parents: $500 for 1 parent + $250 each additional dependent (plus taxes)
  • If you are sponsoring other relatives such as Siblings, Cousins or any other relatives/friends: Starts from $1000 for 1 person + $500 each additional dependent (plus taxes)
  • For tourism : $1500 for 1 applicant + $500 each additional dependent (plus taxes)
  • Super Visa for Parents and Grandparents:

    Canadian government believes in the importance of keeping families together. Super visa is a great Way of reuniting with your parents and grandparents in Canada. If you are a permanent resident or a Canadian citizen your parents and grandparents can be eligible for supervisa. It allows your parents and grandparents to stay in Canada up to five years at a time. It is usually a multi entry visa that can be issued for a period of up to 10 years.

    What all is needed?

    Some of the basic requirements of Super visa:

    • Sponsor (child or grand child) must be a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident
    • Letter of invitation from your child or grand child
    • Proof of financial support from your child or grand child(sponsor) that meets minimum necessary income
    • You must have a Medical insurance from a Canadian insurance company and it must be valid for at least one year from the date of entry and provide minimum $100,000 coverage
    • You must also provide an upfront medical exam
    • Do not wait too long, get in touch with us to bring your parents and grandparents to Canada!

      Professional fee: 1 parent = $500 and for both $750 (plus taxes)

    Extensions and all Other Immigration Services

    Canadian citizenship:

    Canadian citizenship is one of the most sought after citizenships in the world. Reasons are very obvious!! Who doesn’t like to be a proud citizen of an amazing country that values each and every individual.

    To become a Canadian Citizen, most applicants must

    • Be a permanent resident
    • Have lived in Canada for atleast three out of the five years(1095 days)
    • Have filed your taxes
    • If you are between 18 to 54 years of age on the date you sign your application you must show that you can speak and listen in either English or French and also pass a citizenship test.

    For more details about Canadian citizenship, please contact us at Bright Edge Immigration.
    Professional fee: $400 and up.

    Visitor Visa and Supervisa extension:

    Are you currently in Canada on Visitor or Supervisa and want to stay longer?
    You can apply for extension of your stay to avoid going out of status. Do you need professional help in extension, give us a call at 647-231-3132 or email at
    Professional fee: $300 and up.
    Professional fee for a couple: $500 and up.

    Passport Renewals:

    Passport renewals can be an overwhelming process for some individuals. If you’re planning on travelling outside your home country you need a valid travel document that is a passport. We can help you renew your passport in Canada. At the moment we process applications for Canadian and Indian passport renewals or apply for new passport.
    Professional fee: Please contact us.

    OCI application:

    If you are a Canadian citizen now but were a citizen of India on or after Jan 26,1950 you may be eligible for Overseas Citizen of India. Contact us for assistance in applying for OCI.
    Professional fee: $350 and up.

    Spouse Open Work Permit extensions:

    If you are inside Canada on Spouse open work permit and your current work permit is going to expire, you may be eligible to extend the work permit if your spouse if currently enrolled in Full-Time eligible program at DLI or spouse is on work permit (ex. PGWP). During the maintained status, you may be eligible to work full-time as well. If you have any questions or if you need assistance in your application, feel free to contact our team at Bright Edge Immigration. We work hard to provide best possible service to our clients.
    Professional fee: $500 and up.

    PR card renewals:

    If you are a permanent resident of Canada and planning to travel outside Canada, you must have a valid Permanent Resident Card. Do you need help in renewing your PR card, give us a call at 647-231-3132 or email at
    Professional fee: $200 and up.

    TRV Counterfoil Stamp:

    If you are study permit holder or work permit holder and you want to travel outside Canada. You will need TRV stamp on your passport. If you need assistance, give us a call at 647-231-3132 or email at
    Professional fee: $200 and up.

    GOVERNMNET FEES ARE NOT INCLUDED IN ANY OF ANY FEE MENTIONED. If you have any questions, feel free to contact us.